[WikiEN-l] Eschatology and Wikipedia

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 12:42:29 UTC 2010

On 22 December 2010 12:29, wiki <doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> 1) WYSIWYG would be fantastic, but I've no idea what that would meet in
> practice.

It's been desperately wanted for years and is no closer now than it ever was.

> Just some thoughts. I suspect to solve these problems would need some
> serious investment - but I just see Wikipedia slowly becoming dated. (Of
> course those who grew up on it will say it is "fine" - but then that's the
> way with everything.)

I have on occasion thought the best thing to do about the Wikipedia
community would be for it to implode as fast as possible. I've thought
this since about 2006 and the encyclopedia has vastly improved in that
time, so I might be wrong. The community does, however, frequently sum
the total of human stupidity.

- d.