[WikiEN-l] Eschatology and Wikipedia - Liquid threads

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 12:15:43 UTC 2010

Liquid threads is an interesting idea in principle, but the reality is
at best unfortunate. I've pretty much stopped editing on the Strategy
Wiki because of it - I have broadband and a reasonably fast machine
but I don't have the patience to wait for Liquid threads to load even
when it works.

It is also a pain that one can't just quickly alter one's talkpage
comments even to strike out a resolved point.

I've just gone back and logged in for the first time in weeks.  I
clicked on new messages and after a while lost the will to live.....
When it eventually showed me my talkpage - (to be fair it did work
this time) there were a fraction of the messages I get on EN wiki. I'd
hate to think how slow things would be if it was implemented on EN
wiki.

WereSpielChequers