[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia Ambassador Program looking for new ambassadors

Sage Ross ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 17:17:14 UTC 2010

The Wikipedia Ambassador Program is expanding for the coming term, and
we're having 5 regional Campus Ambassador training events in the US:
*San Francisco, 7-8 January
*Washignton, DC, 8-9 January
*New York City, 11-12 January
*Baton Rouge, 13-14 January
*Indianapolis, 15-16 January

(Alex Stinson, User:Sadads, will also be working to get the program
started in the UK over the next few months, while he's studying at
Oxford.)

With a few exceptions (we need some more Campus Ambassadors in the
Boston/Cambridge area and in Houston) it looks like we'll have enough
local ambassadors to support the 25-30 courses we'll be working with
between January and May.  But if you're near one of the training
events and would be free for the scheduled days of training, and you
want to help spread the Wikipedia Ambassador Program to new campuses
and disciplines or to try to start a Wikipedia club on your campus,
please apply to be a Campus Ambassador:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Ambassadors/Steering_Committee/Campus_Ambassador_selection_process/Application

(I can provide a .doc version of the application by email, upon request.)

I also want to invite people to join the ambassador program as Online
Ambassadors.  We may be working with upwards of 500 students who needs
experienced Wikipedians to serve as mentors.  If you're comfortable
giving reviews of articles in development, and want to be a friendly
face/username for newcomers, please apply:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Online_Ambassadors

Being an Online Ambassador is also a good way to get some experience
with the ambassador program if you're interested in doing in-person
outreach as a Campus Ambassador or similar role down the line; by the
end of the Public Policy Initiative grant, expansion of the ambassador
programs to new campuses and beyond will be driven by the ambassadors,
and WMF will mostly or completely step back.

Cheers,
Sage Ross
Online Facilitator, Public Policy Initiative
Wikimedia Foundation