[WikiEN-l] CZ fork: Tendrl

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 14 12:25:40 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 8:50 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I can picture a model in which lots of other people write what turn
>> out to be feeder wikis for Wikipedia. But I can't see what's really in
>> it for the volunteers on those wikis.
>
> Are you serious? What's in it for them is the ability to participate
> in the community of their choice, protected from the occasional
> madness that is Wikipedia. And more to the point, *knowing* they're
> protected.

Actually, there have been cases of editors on Wikipedia getting into
conflicts here, with one of the parties going off to a "feeder wiki"
(as you term it) and instead of the parties staying apart sometimes
the conflicts carry on when the other party follows them there, and
then the departed party returns here to complain, and so on. When
there are certain types of personalities involved, sometimes the whole
internet is not big enough for them.

Carcharoth