[WikiEN-l] offlist: Re: CZ fork: Tendrl

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 13 08:46:26 UTC 2010

I wrote
> Never previously revealed to anyone, except to Paul August [...]

Not so much "ooops" as "why don't I wear a paper bag over my head until
some time in February?" that, for embarrassment. An offlist colloquial
comment in shorthand language to David Gerard, it went to the list. To
try to correct impressions (David and I lived through the relevant
conversations), here is a better version:

Paul found himself exposed as perceived to be further to the "left" (in
the terms I was discussing) than anyone else on ArbCom; had to take flak
from various people based on those perceptions; but the reason for his
resignation was not that, but the case with Lar and Slim.

So you-all should not have heard those things from me, in those terms.
Grovel.

Charles