[WikiEN-l] CZ fork: Tendrl

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 11 10:49:29 UTC 2010

On 11/12/2010 04:12, Tony Sidaway wrote:
> Four or five years ago I quite confidently pronounced it unlikely that
> the success of Wikipedia could be sustained beyond 2010. Once the
> novelty wore off, I thought, people would drift away to the next shiny
> new thing.

You weren't wrong about that, in the sense that the twittersphere has
attracted (at leas some of) those mostly driven by instant updating.
Leaving an adequate but hardly overmanned reference utility that is
actually used by tens of millions daily to look things up. We appear to
have avoided the death spiral, and it is even possible that a somewhat
smaller workforce that had higher median clue was what the project needed.

Charles