[WikiEN-l] CZ fork: Tendrl

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 05:02:35 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:15 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.basicprogramming.org/larsent/tendrl/index.php/Tendrl:Differences

>Everyone uses their own real names.

Meh. You lose good editors that way.

>Potential contributors need to create an account to edit, but don't have to provide an autobiography.

Sure, why not?

>Have only one or two bodies with clearly-defined authority. People have common sense: trust them to use it.

That'll scale.

>Experts are invited to review articles, but they need to contribute as a regular editor for some time first.

I'm sure the experts who are already tripping over themselves to write
wikipedia articles will love that.

>We have a zero-tolerance policy on sniping and offensive remarks.
>Have a culture that looks down upon incivility and poisonousness with a sense of humour: >laugh about things.

That's not zero-tolerance. That's the way every project starts.

>Ensure that (administrators|wardens|whatever we decide to call them) feel no qualms about >kicking out clearly disruptive people.

If it was clear to everyone who the disruptive people were, there
would never be any problems. But one person's troll is another
person's misunderstood genius.

Steve