[WikiEN-l] Amazonified Wikipedia

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 3 17:57:21 UTC 2010

speaking from a user and an editor having relevant books show up,
or ideally even references be halfway automated found, or plagiarism
detected based on amazon comparing books to articles would be welcome.

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> To Magnus' suggestion -- they would have no real motivation to divert
> some of their margin to Wikipedia, would they? I'm not sure
> attributing the content to Wikipedia, and using Wikimedia marks for
> that purpose, would fall far enough afoul of trademark law to give the
> WMF a lot of leverage. And in any case, do we want to get into the
> habit of asking content reusers to contribute to the WMF financially?
> The whole object is to make freely reusable content available, isn't
> it?
>
> Nathan

James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova and Albania
flossk.org flossal.org