[WikiEN-l] infobox growth

Julia Kasmire J.Kasmire at tudelft.nl
Mon Apr 26 11:45:01 UTC 2010

Dear WikiEN Mailing list,

I am doing some research on the increasing structure in information
transmission and I am very interested to know some information on the
history and growth of infoboxes, or other machine searchable extracted
information, in wikipedia.

Could you tell me, or tell me how to find, the following:
the date of the first infobox on wikipedia?
the rate of increase in infoboxes, or at least the number of infoboxes
at several points in time and the date that number was measured?

The discussion page "How many Wikipedia articles covered by DBpedia?"
gives two such infobox data points and one approximate date, but I want
to flesh out the history a bit.

Thank you very much in advance, and please feel free to ask me if there
is any more information I can provide you with!

Kind regards,

Julia Kasmire
PhD Researcher
TU Delft