[WikiEN-l] Expert feedback on Featured Articles

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 27 19:50:04 UTC 2010

Nihiltres wrote:
> <snip>
>  I strongly believe that showing very prominently the level of review a given article—or even a given *revision* thereof—has received, and the perceived level of quality involved, is a good thing.  The Wikipedia 1.0 assessment system (Stub, Start, C, B, A, GA, FA…) seems to serve as a decent start for that sort of thing.
If we are honest with ourselves, we would admit that we really need
levels 1 to 10 for articles. It seems already to be hard to get an A,
fairly much impossible to get GA for an "average" topic, and as we know
only 1 in 1000 is FA (in round terms). And "expert review" = FA+ is
another quite defensible level. I think cutting to the chase, setting
substub = 1 and reviewed FA = 10 might be a great timesaver, and help a
process in which less "mystique" attached to the whole business.
Rebooting with FA = 9 sounds quite fun.

Charles