[WikiEN-l] Loose ends (was other stuff)

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 28 18:01:06 UTC 2009

Ray Saintonge wrote:
> stevertigo wrote:
>
>> More thing on my to-do list: Get Arbcom to actually deal with
>> adjudicating policy and sections therein.
>>

> That can't work without opening up the broader question of how policies
> are formulated and later amended.  Any kind of policy review process
> needs to operate separately from Arbcom, and be able to rule whether
> policies were properly adopted.  Until such a process is fully
> operational nothing useful would be accomplished by having Arbcom rule
> on those policies.

OK, here's an old-style formulation: X is to current policy and
policy-review discussions as RfAr is to the Workshop. What would X be?

It would be some sort of policy review that operated to a schematic,
with things like "in fewer than 500 words" for submissions, and so on.
And it would not be a free-for-all or brainstorming session.

Charles