[WikiEN-l] Invitation for review

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 18:00:20 UTC 2009

Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote to Ray:
> This is an amazing thing you've written. I've read your posts for
> perhaps two years, but I will read all future comments in an entirely
> new light.

Well, I think what Ray is doing is trying to conceptualize a kind of
systemic bias in a certain historical area and how it affects our
general view of history. That 11 million are omitted from the
traditional account is something that we need to deal with, simply
because we cannot accept ethnic or otherwise subjective concepts as
categorical.

I would suggest interpreting these kinds of expressions as attempts at
conceptualization, perhaps the usage of counter-bias as a device, or
maybe just playing devil's advocate. Insinuations of deeper biases
should be checked first, and that I think goes for everybody.

stevertigo <stvrtg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I already took George to the woodshed for that remark, Raymond. I'm
> sure he doesn't like being reminded of that experience.

My usage of this arcane idiom for a spanking here was inappropriate.
My apologies to George.

-Stevertigo