[WikiEN-l] Oversized criticism sections and WP:UNDUE (was: Notability and ski resorts)

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 01:25:41 UTC 2009

Charles Matthews <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I believe you are misreading what is said here. It is not being stated
> that Arbcom has no time to do the job. Rather, it is being stated that
> if it wants to do the job, it doesn't also have the time to deal with
> all the heckling and rewriting of history that can go on after a case is
> closed.

I appreciate the correction. My point simply was that there is a place
for "heckling," even after the close of the case. The issue then is
how to focus that signal - irritating as worn-out-brakes it may be -
into something coherent.

The distinction here is that its a fatal error to characterize what
people say as just wiki-lawyering, when the issue is solveable through
broader signal enhancing techniques, that if Arbcom wants to, we can
start exploring.

-Stevertigo