[WikiEN-l] So what does Flagged Revs feel like?

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Sun Sep 27 11:10:22 UTC 2009

2009/9/27 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:

> There may be an issue with only having some pages under the review
> system - we will need to split effort between RC-patrol and
> ORP-patrol. Hopefully that will happen organically, but we will need
> to keep an eye on it. It is possible that having all articles under
> review will actually result in quicker reviews since all the
> RC-patrollers can just move over to ORP-patrol.

Remember that as planned, there will be two installations running in parallel.

* Patrolled revisions, passive, on all pages

* Flagged protection, active, on a few (tens of?) thousand pages

Flagged protection is wikinews or dewiki style; edits mostly don't
show up until approved. This is the one we will need to stay on top
of, but I am confident we'll manage it - it's a small proportion of
pages, after all. The problem case here is going to be the "protected
because of sheer volume of edits" pages, where I think we'll lag
horribly for any individual edit, but get a workable result.

Patrolled revisions will be on all pages, and will let us mark the
"most recent good revision". This one doesn't matter so much if it's
backlogged, because *it's invisible*; edits show up whether or not
they've been patrolled, and it just gives us an internal monitoring
tool.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk