[WikiEN-l] Oversized criticism sections and WP:UNDUE

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 18:53:19 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 3:34 AM, George Herbert
> I agree, the experience for Arbcom trying to constructively grapple
> with the problem is clearly as frustrating as for admins trying to
> grapple with it, but obviously different as you have pointed out.
> The internal perspective there is appreciated.

One idea might be to shut down the wiki for some designated time, as a
kind of holiday. particularly in busy societies, events need not all
need be activist in nature,  - some can instead be "de-activist,"
which is basically what holidays do, is de-activate people.

Blocks seem to work too, as I'm finding out - though those typically
derive from stigmatizing intentions, and sometimes specious concepts
of applicability.

- Stevertigo