[WikiEN-l] So what does Flagged Revs feel like?

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 16:10:32 UTC 2009

> If you want to know how Flagged Revisions feels from an unprivileged
> position, go to Wikinews and fix typos. I just did this on
> http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Geelong_win_2009_Australian_Football_League_Grand_Final
> - check the history. I'm not an admin or reviewer on en:wn.
>
> What did it feel like? Curiously unsatisfying. The fix not going live
> immediately left me wondering just when it would - five minutes/? An
> hour? A day? It felt nothing like editing a wiki - it felt like I'd
> submitted a form to a completely opaque bureaucracy for review at
> their leisure.

Yes, I did that a while back. I suspect it's worse for a news site
though; I wrote an item for it, and then it was up for checking, but
they didn't allow it to go live due to trivial formatting issues I was
able to fix in a few minutes. It then got held in limbo for another
day while I waited for it to be revetted, then they rejected it again,
another couple of minutes of fixing and then after *another* day, it
went live.

And this is supposed to be a news site.

Frankly, I haven't gone back.

I think it will work a lot better on wikipedia though; it's not the
same type of site.

--
-Ian Woollard