[WikiEN-l] Oversized criticism sections and WP:UNDUE (was: Notability and ski resorts)

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 04:59:41 UTC 2009

Charles Matthews <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Hmm, I thought such "criticism sections" had been deprecated for quite a
> few years now. One thing to do is to add {{criticism section}}, the
> wording of which is what I recall (that criticism is better integrated
> into an article).  In the hugeness case the integration would make the
> article look like the "attack article" it probably is.
> None of WP:CRIT, WP:NOCRIT and WP:CRIS addressing the issue seem to have made it past being an essay into a guideline.

Strange, isn't it Charles, that the deprecation of criticism
sections/articles would be the convention for "quite a few years now"
and yet no attempt at its formalization has "made it past being an
essay into a guideline" let alone policy?

Stranger still, is it not, that this same invisible notion can still
find abuse as the centerpiece of a large-enough edit war such that
resulted in the poorly-conceptualized case given (disrespectfully) the
Prez' name?

More thing on my to-do list: Get Arbcom to actually deal with
adjudicating policy and sections therein.

- Stevertigo