[WikiEN-l] Oversized criticism sections and WP:UNDUE (was:Notability and ski resorts)

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Thu Sep 24 20:12:37 UTC 2009

"Apoc 2400" <apoc2400 at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:f90700360909240622g6aa103f9wd8b973aecd357a3e at mail.gmail.com...
(...)
> What do you do if you find an article with a short description of the
> subject followed by a huge criticism/controversy section with subsections
> for every negative opinion about the subject ever published?
(...)

I realize that I am in a subject that might not be encyclopedic, because it
is controversial, and I avoid it, however much I want the article to come
to my decision. If a torrent of verbiage and commercially, racially, or
ideologically motivated information has established a concept that is at
odds with a foundation, then maybe it does not require my attack. It should
fall on its own. If it seems to hav a life of its own, that is just the
nature of politics, where I do not want to be.
_______
Handy Guide to Modern Science:
1.  If it's green or it wiggles, it's biology.
2.  If it stinks, it's chemistry.
3.  If it doesn't work, it's physics.