[WikiEN-l] Notability and ski resorts (was: Newbie and not-so-newbie biting)

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 23:14:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 4:50 AM, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Never underestimate the effects of recentism ;-)
>
> Indeed.
>
> Although, peering into my crystal ball, into the future, far as human
> eye can see...
>
> 10,000 years in the future, and Barack Obama is a small paragraph in
> "United States Presidency" and a single-line entry in "List of
> Presidents of the United States of America".
>
> Never underestimate eventualism! :-)

Fwiw, my take is to use the more general approach of "do we have
enough editors to mantain this depth of coverage". For the Obama
transition we probably do, for the Truman one, probably not. As the
years go by, the scales will tip and eventually we'll have to scale
back our coverage.

The only time this is a real problem is when one article has different
sections that are grossly out of proportion, making one event or
person look more "important" than another, simply because we have more
people writing on it.

Steve