[WikiEN-l] Notability and ski resorts (was: Newbie and not-so-newbie biting)

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Wed Sep 23 12:32:34 UTC 2009

2009/9/22 Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com>:

> Some you would expect there to be enough material for this sort of
> treatment. Others less so. I like the idea of doing this sort of thing
> for very long biographcal articles, but seeing how it has developed in
> some cases, I'm not so sure. There are some articles I think should
> not be treated this way. The material out there is enough for one
> article, and that should be enough.

I think a good analogy here is explicit general history articles. We
view it as quite normal to go from

[[History of something]]

and then, when it gets too large, split it out into

[[History of something]]
* [[History of something in the Bronze Age]]
* [[History of something in the Middle Ages]]
* [[History of something in World War I]]

etc.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk