[WikiEN-l] Wikimedian image restorations exploited on eBay

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 17:43:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 10:14 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/9/22 Durova <nadezhda.durova at gmail.com>:
>
> > When this thread began I hoped more people would comb the collection in
> > search of copyleft license violations.  We have been losing FP volunteers
> > over license violation problems.
>

> That's a large statement, and it needs substantiation to convince.
> Please list the examples you are thinking of.
>

> No David, I have already stated that the best thing to do at this point is
step back and examine the differing assumptions that made this thread
nonproductive.  My previous attempts to clarify matters with specific
examples led to accusations that I had taken the thread off topic.  I will
not go down that path again in this discussion.  Particularly not when the
audience is as hostile as you have been.  That way lieth the flame war.

-Durova