[WikiEN-l] Notability and ski resorts (was: Newbie and not-so-newbie biting)

Surreptitiousness surreptitious.wikipedian at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 22 13:00:29 UTC 2009

Charles Matthews wrote:

> Rightly, in my view. I come down on the (conservative) side of this
> discussion, and agree with the now-ancient decision that article space
> should not admit subpages (which is what subarticles without credible
> free-standing topics amount to).
Interesting.  I've never seen them as sub-articles but rather as turning
the page in a paper based article.  After all, when a paper based
encyclopedia runs out of room on a page, they just turn over.  It seems
both inane and insane that we can't also do that. And there doesn't seem
to be a good reason, because all the good reasons are dressed up in
jargon such that they duck the actual issue.  How do we replicate
turning the page? Kind of defeats the now-ancient decision that space
alone will not constrain us.