[WikiEN-l] Notability and ski resorts (was: Newbie and not-so-newbie biting)

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 12:42:43 UTC 2009

So put them in another space: call it directory space.

The problem is that having a distinct article is treated as a question
of merit--we word  things this way ourselves: "deserves an article".
Thus there is a continual pressure from spammers and hobbyists to
include a separate article for every company, lawyer,  band, author,
athlete, railway station, street,  toy, song, football match, and
fictional character. (note that 1/ for some of these we do include
articles on all, some not 2/that it's easier to decide on people, than
objects 3/that the list does not reflect my own views about what is
more or less suitable)

But the question should be content. We could very well say we should
have content on every one of the above, although not articles. We
might even find it easier to write such content if we didn't have the
overhead  & metadata necessarily associated with separate articles.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.