[WikiEN-l] Not everyone wants to be a janitor policeman.

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Sep 20 18:13:47 UTC 2009

In a message dated 9/20/2009 10:02:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
werespielchequers at googlemail.com writes:

> As for "Every system should be open to audit review by anyone who
> wishes to do so. "  This may at first glance sound like an attractive
> slogan. But if my GP or my bank adopted such a policy I would
> immediately shift my business elsewhere.>>

---------

You are presuming that a opening a bank's books to inspection means that
every piece of data is open, and that's not so.  Every bank's books are
already open to inspection at certain levels.  However there are still systems
that operate in-universe which are absolutely closed to any sort of normal
inspection.

Will