[WikiEN-l] Foundational rumblings

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 17:07:54 UTC 2009

Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I don't think Charles was saying we shouldn't have introductory-level
> articles. I think he was saying that if we do have introductory-level
> articles, they need to not be skewed to a POV.

I read it as if "NPOV tends to weed out introductory articles," which
are in a sense inherently 'skewed' by a newbie POV, and therefore wind
up being neither particularly encyclopedic, nor particularly helpful
as an introduction, and thus the trend has been to move them off to
wikibooks, delete them, or else leave them stale.

But yes, you could be right, and I might be misreading his point.

> Explantionism?
> I really hope that word doesn't catch on... :-)

Well, let me WP:EXPLAIN

-Stevertigo