[WikiEN-l] Wikimedian image restorations exploited on eBay

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 17 13:40:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 2:29 PM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> A depressing number of people trying to argue their way around the
> creativity requirement in US copyright.

Yes. But that doesn't mean ignoring other ways to recognise work done.
It's not a black-and-white copyright-only issue. There are other laws
and other ethical and moral concerns beside US copyright laws. If you
look at everything only through the lens of US copyright law, you will
get a distorted picture of the world.

And yes, I know for most purposes related to Wikipedia, US copyright
laws are all that usually need to be considered. But not all.

Carcharoth