[WikiEN-l] Newyorkbrad's speech at Wikiconference New York

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 21:51:15 UTC 2009

Charles Matthews <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Diffuse, weaker on facts than theory?

Hm. People "strong on facts," are typically "weak on the theory," and
vice versa (and so on).

Also, let's not forget, the point of BLP was to give the OFFICE a
reason to continue existing. (That, and of course to respond
responsibly to Siegenthaller's bad press and then ride the resulting
good press into the stratosphere).

> So Wikipedia Review gets credited with the idea of "attack page", or
> something. Oddly, I think we knew all that anyway, or at least the
> rudiments of the debate, pre-BLP qua policy. But that could be one for
> the historians to sort out.

I think Brad was just trying to give some due appreciation. It only
seems strange to us, because we rarely do it. For example, the guy who
finally got Arbcom underway never gets any credit at all. Anyway, Brad
gets props if for nothing else than defying the convention to pretend
that people without articles don't actually exist.

But anyway, back to the metaphysics. The apparent underlying theory is
that "liability" will takes us to the promised land of "reliability."
In other news, its been only five years since anyone has used the term
"Wikilove."

-Stevertigo