[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia: the Journal

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Sun Sep 13 22:32:17 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 4:29 PM, <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:

> My question Brian was to your remark that this would not pass into
> Wikipedia.  Your response didn't address why you think that.  By "pass
> into" I mean
> cited in, quoted in, not *COPIED* obviously.  We don't allow copy-paste
> right now.
>
> So all I can think is that you meant, that we should not cite any
> scholarpedia articles from within Wikipedia, and so I asked why.  If you
> did not mean
> that, than what did you mean?

I'm not sure what you're replying to, but I did contrast Scholarpedia and
WikiJournal based on whether their content can be copied into Wikipedia,
which is based on this quote from the OP:"* The final articles would be
published in an edition of the “Wikipedia Journal” ready to merge into the
existing Wikipedia article on that topic.*"