[WikiEN-l] assessing

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 18:44:32 UTC 2009

In simplest terms, the idea is "wouldn't it be nice if edits that weren't
even /plausibly/ valid would get filtered out and not shown to the world as
our work and as encyclopedia content?"

The other idea is "We have tens of thousands of well meaning editors, can we
ask users who have shown they can be trusted, to filter out those edits that
are completely idiotic, before they hit the main pages?"

Everything else is "how can we implement this without disrupting the
positive flow of good edits, or holding them up minimally or transparently
to check the rest?"

Nobody knows how it'll work out, or what the best approach is, how it needs
to evolve to not disrupt our better editorial processes (hence the long
discussions and trials), but in all the approaches, that's the basic idea.

FT2