[WikiEN-l] Deletion of unreferenced living person biographies

Surreptitiousness surreptitious.wikipedian at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 10 09:54:16 UTC 2009

Andrew Turvey wrote:
> Indeed, PROD is good. The two main problems are:
>
> a) PROD is not allowed for any article that has already been PRODed or AFDed, which means you have to go through the history first - making a 5 second job a 10 second job (an issue if you plan to do 50,000 articles by hand) and pushing you down a different route for

In theory every article that has been subject to AFD or Prod has a
template on the talk page, so an awb list comparison might help winnow
out some articles.  From there, yes, there will be process wonkery
issues, but maybe some sort of wiki page might work out the best
practises.  Since prods can be undeleted by any admin without any
kerfuffle, I can't see the harm in allowing a second bite at prod.  Have
we discussed amending PROD to allow second bites?  Alternatively, is
there a way of getting the prod tag onto prodded articles
automatically?  How about if we had a bot run through and add the
template to the talk page of prodded articles?  Sort of "This article
was PRODDED on the 10 September 2009". That way, if the prod is removed
from the article, we have a way of knowing it was once prodded.  If the
article is deleted, the talk page goes too so no issues there. If we set
this up, it would also catch articles which have already been prodded,
because even though the prod would get removed from the article since
the article had been prodded before, the template would remain on the
talk page. The only extra hurdle would be getting admins to restore talk
oages when they restore deleted articles, something which really should
be best practise anyway.