[WikiEN-l] Another Media and Wikipedia blackout on NYT reporter in Afghanistan

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Wed Sep 9 22:41:37 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: geni <geniice at gmail.com>
To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
Sent: Wed, Sep 9, 2009 3:32 pm
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Another Media and Wikipedia blackout on NYT
reporter in Afghanistan

2009/9/9  <wjhonson at aol.com>:
> The entire argument about keeping the names of kidnap victims secret
> me is flat.  I do not see the logic behind the belief that it will
> preserve their lives in any way, for example.

Well this time around 3 civilians died. Not sure if that counts as
successful.
geni

  Those who support the idea of keeping this information secret would
probably argue that more would have died if it weren't.  And those who
oppose it would say, "See it didn't work".

Something for everybody!

Will Johnson