[WikiEN-l] Another Media and Wikipedia blackout on NYT reporter in Afghanistan

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Wed Sep 9 21:59:22 UTC 2009

I don't think the point is "needing to reach" but rather it's "slapping
the hand that reaches".
Which is a little more pro-active, and less passive sounding.
Is our position to be that, with a reliable source, we need multiple
sources "in these cases" as Fred puts it.  And I really don't know what
that implies.  Perhaps the NYT can stop being double-faced and come
clean on their exact argument for blackouts.

Was this even a blackout?  Or was it merely the case that there were
not enough sources reporting it yet?