[WikiEN-l] Thwackum-and-Square-like pedantry? Huh?

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 21:15:44 UTC 2009

2009/9/8 Soxred93 <soxred93 at gmail.com>:
> http://asterling.typepad.com/incipit_vita_nova/2009/09/wikipedia-
> ludicrously-sexist-and-racist-part-ii.html
>
> Just another person complaining that "Wikipedia is soooo POV in this
> way... and that way," "wikipedia is full of idiot writing useless
> articles," and "it's horribly sexist and racist!"
>
> I am still trying to figure out what she meant by "village tool"...
> does anyone else know?
>
> -X!

It makes more sense if you did out the previous post:

http://asterling.typepad.com/incipit_vita_nova/2009/03/is-wikipedia-sexist-and-racist.html

Apparently the problem is that wikipedian are following the general
trend of writeing about white men (actually wikipedians mostly writes
about inanimate objects). NOR makes this fairly inevitable. Given a
few centuries the only bits of history that people remember are the
bits written in blood and over the the last few centuries European
males have had rather a lot of such history while keeping their
civilisations intact enough to write about it.

--
geni