[WikiEN-l] Googley comments

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 13:04:03 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Charles
Matthews<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> The introduction of Talk pages was, it should not be forgotten, one of
> the most brilliant innovations of the early days of Wikipedia.

Indeed. A very intelligent friend of mine said he often finds the talk
page as interesting as the article itself. He described them as a
'Talmudic commentary'. I keep meaning to make sure that I always read
the talk page after scanning an article but I don't seem to have
implanted that idea in my head with sufficient rigour yet, I tend to
forget.

I've sometimes used the talk page to list research resources that I've
used that I don't feel would be quite right to put as external links
on the article itself.