[WikiEN-l] Yeah, let's botspam Wikipedia. I'm sure that'll work out just fine.

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 11:36:32 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 6:46 AM, Charles
Matthews<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> David Gerard wrote:
>> I have a Google alert on "Wikipedia".
>>

> JOOI, how many alerts a day?
>
> Charles

My weekly alerts give me about 20 hits. It's an interesting mixture of
very obscure newspapers, reprints & me-toos of big articles (every
story as big as flagged basically ruins that week's alert, since there
will be at least a dozen blogs or newspapers regurgitating the content
or even just linking it); but it's worth subscribing for the obscure
articles which will never get posted here or anywhere on-wiki, and for
the off-hand references.

--
gwern