[WikiEN-l] Yeah, let's botspam Wikipedia. I'm sure that'll work out just fine.

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 04:43:23 UTC 2009

2009/9/6 Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com>:
> 2009/9/6 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>
>
>> What could possibly go wrong?
>>

>> http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/black-hat-seo-tools/115582-wikipedia-linking-tool.html
>>
>> If your life is suffering from inadequate levels of stupid (I know!
>> Whose doesn't?), that looks like just the forum for you to get a topup
>> from.
>>

> Amazing how few people realise that we're also perfectly capable of
> blacklisting their websites, and will do so without hesitation should a
> spambot show up.  Heck, we give people a hard time for putting in half a
> dozen of the same links.
>

> Risker

A fair number of the people there are the webs bottom feeders. As long
as they make some money before the links are killed they care little
if their site is blacklisted. Spambots have always been a fairly
limited threat to an active wiki even without a blacklist.

Of course they have a wiki of their own:

http://blackhat.wikia.com/wiki/Blackhat_Wiki

--
geni