[WikiEN-l] Google Books class action lawsuit

Apoc 2400 apoc2400 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 23:54:54 UTC 2009

When I cite from Google Books I use something like this:
<ref name="Wilson">{{cite book|last=Wilson|first=Carol|title=Freedom at
risk: the kidnapping of free Blacks in America,
1780–1865|publisher=University Press of
Kentucky|date=1994|pages=43–44|isbn=0813118581|url=
http://books.google.com/books?id=ptFqye_hg54C&pg=PA43|accessdate=2009-08-11}
}</ref>

That makes both a direct link to GBooks with the first cited page open, and
an ISBN link for general book sources.

The refTools gadget makes it easy to copy-paste the details from the GBooks
information page. A tool that automatically pulls the fields from Google and
outputs the template would save time.

I live in Sweden and I never had a problem accessing GBooks. Is it only
blocked in some countries, or are some parts restricted?