[WikiEN-l] Putting some perspective on the end of Wikipedia

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 13:36:55 UTC 2009

Okay, found out why.

You need to account for [[Category:Wikipedia pages protected due to
dispute]] and other protection categories, as well. Pages such as "Russell's
teapot" and "Developed country" are in there, protected, but not tagged.

The root cause seems to be that the category isn't itself a subcategory of
some "protected pages" category. Specifically, there are protection
templates <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Protection_templates> such
as "Pp-dispute" that don't also include the page in one of the main
"protected pages" categories you name.

FT2