[WikiEN-l] Googley comments

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 3 23:14:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 12:06 AM, David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Y'know, we have pretty much no facillities *just for the reader*.

I thought they had things called articles they could read? :-)

Seriously, some of the better portals are hard for readers to find.
And I'm not sure how far some readers go beyond the articles they are
reading. Page views are about the only clue there. It would be nice if
the usability people found out this sort of thing, or if there were
stats revealing the most popular *routes* taken by people, from say, a
place like the main page. But I think that requires things like
cookies and privacy concerns might weigh against such things, though
if some readers could be persuaded to have their browsing session
"recorded", that would be very interesting.

I was very pleased to see the "Featured content portal" feature very
highly on one of the recent page view listings.

Carcharoth