[WikiEN-l] Googley comments

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 22:34:55 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 12:01 PM, <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:

> I just today noticed a new interesting thing while doing a Google  search.
> Under each result there is a cloud looking thing and if you hover  it it
> says "Comment".  So I tried it.

In the Google search settings page, I followed a "learn more" link about
SearchWiki, which took me here:
http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bin/answer.py?answer=115764

Looks like any comments/promotions/rankings you make are stored for your own
use -- the documentation on the help page seems to suggest that this
information is private (in the sense that it's only viewed by you on your
own searches, if not necessarily as a matter of policy), but I notice the
button to submit a comment is labelled "Make a public comment"; confusing!

-Luna