[WikiEN-l] [Wikitech-l] Fwd: Wired: Wikipedia to Color Code Untrustworthy Text

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 17:37:16 UTC 2009

The problem is that while "long-standing" and "apparently reputable
author" correlate with "trust", they are not the same.

The perception that a measure of text source and historicity is in any
way a measure of trust, is a misconception we have to kill at root,
burn, salt over, mercilessly counter, and also impale all those who
defile it. And generally destroy it with prejudice.

Because we dare not allow that gadget to be misinterpreted that way
(even if in knowing hands it can indeed indicate trust or doubt). It's
very tempting, so people will, and they'll read it is in the media...
so we have to bludgeon home it ISN'T.

(There would have been a "graphic imagery spoiler", but we deleted
spoilers ages ago)

FT2