[WikiEN-l] Observer WP airbrushing story implicates House of Commons IP

Sam Blacketer sam.blacketer at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 18 18:26:15 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Charles Matthews
> <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > And when later sthe tory says "The changes – designed to portray
> > [Edward] McMillan-Scott as a europhile – were made from a computer with
> > an internet IP address named "Strasburg" ", what do they mean? They mean
> > there was an account named "Strasburg", would be the simple
> > interpretation. (And this might be another subediting gremlin.) There is
> > an implied link between the two editors, but "we couldn't possibly
> > comment", I guess.
>
> Obviously they mean User:Strasburg, as he has 5 edits to [[Michał
> Kamiński]].

But note also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/136.173.162.144 which is
registered to the European Parliament in Luxembourg and has a lot of
contributions to articles on current British MEPs - including blanking
sections of Edward McMillan-Scott's biography:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Edward_McMillan-Scott&diff=prev&oldid=302006604

--
Sam Blacketer