[WikiEN-l] Observer WP airbrushing story implicates House of Commons IP

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 18 15:45:21 UTC 2009

geni wrote:
> 2009/10/18 Charles Matthews <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com>:
>
>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/oct/18/conservatives-hid-past-european-ally
>>
>>  From today's Observer, re [[Michal Kaminski]]. What do we know about
>> this, and was it spin or BLP cleanup?
>>
>> Charles
>>

> Policy wise it was acceptable BLP cleanup (the information was true
> but uncited). Practically I doubt anyone at the house of commons
> spends their time fixing BLP issues and just happened to stumble
> across a random polish politician. The information that he was a
> National Revival of Poland member is back in the article with
> citations and explanations.

And when later sthe tory says "The changes – designed to portray
[Edward] McMillan-Scott as a europhile – were made from a computer with
an internet IP address named "Strasburg" ", what do they mean? They mean
there was an account named "Strasburg", would be the simple
interpretation. (And this might be another subediting gremlin.) There is
an implied link between the two editors, but "we couldn't possibly
comment", I guess.

Charles