[WikiEN-l] FlaggedRevs en.wp deployment update

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Oct 16 06:14:00 UTC 2009

All,

this is a quick note to let you know that we've signed on two people,
William Pietri and Howie Fung, to help us on a contract basis with the
deployment of Flagged Revisions on the English Wikipedia.

William is an IT consultant and systems/software engineer; see his
userpage at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:William_Pietri --
he is also a long-time Wikipedian. He will support the overall
roll-out coordination and requirements planning.

Howie is an experienced Product Manager who previously worked with
Real Networks/Rhapsody and PayPal; see LinkedIn profile here:
<http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=3830901>.

We met Howie during our search for the Multimedia Usability Product
Manager position, and were impressed by his background, particularly
with regard to user focused product development, and some great first
thoughts he sent us on how to improve the usability of Wikimedia
Commons. Given his background, we thought it would be great to have
his help in doing some more systematic analysis of usability,
terminology and workflow issues with the proposed English Wikipedia
roll-out.

We are eager to roll out the "Flagged Protection" functionality soon.
As Howie and William get up to speed, they'll post info on remaining
work, and get community feedback on what's vital to have before the
first release.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation