[WikiEN-l] Age fabrication and original research

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sun Oct 11 19:24:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 13:31:28 -0400, Anthony wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
>
> > The requirement that Social Security Numbers of newborn children appear
> > on a tax return is relatively recent.  Before 1989 the person applied
> > himself.
>
> I thought your parents could still apply for you back then, but maybe I'm
> wrong.

Mine did in the 1970s when opening a bank account in my name.
Actually, I think it was my grandparents opening an account in my
name, but I think my parents had to submit the application.  I had
actually had other bank accounts going back to the 1960s with no SS#,
so I think the requirement of having one for every bank account was
later than my earliest accounts.

--
== Dan ==