[WikiEN-l] Accepting the challenge to create a new article as a newbie and see if it lasts 2 minutes - or 7 days

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 00:33:44 UTC 2009

Personally, I think there should be a level above deletion and below
being visible in the wikipedia.

For example if we made the wiki's stubs come up with a blank screen,
with a disclaimer and some kind of clicky that makes the article
appear (possibly only if you're editing it or something).

It's not so much that the wikipedia will improve more quickly, but it
makes the difference between a friendly wikipedia and an unfriendly
one; the article can improve over time and graduate, right now, a lot
of articles with potential are simply being mashed flat, along with
the novice users feelings; it would be better if it wasn't  an AFD
process but instead it was SFA (stub for article).

--
-Ian Woollard