[WikiEN-l] IAR

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 19:09:37 UTC 2009

On 02/10/2009, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:
> It doesn't need to be true, it just needs to be something that people
> believe and which can be gotten from a fairly straightforward reading of the rule.
> Which it is.

The problem is, IAR doesn't specify or imply what they mean by
'improve'. Improve in what way? Is an encyclopedia improved by adding
encyclopedic content on somebody who has been kidnapped or not?

There's no value system; NOR, NPOV, BLP, ISNOT all give a value
system, the wikipedia values this or that, but not that or the other.
IAR doesn't, but can over-rule the rest. I'm saying no, it *can't*
override BLP, because BLP is about protecting, not the wikipedia but a
real life person from what is essentially libel.

--
-Ian Woollard