[WikiEN-l] Age fabrication and original research

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 00:51:13 UTC 2009

On 10/2/09, David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:
> I depends on what one  does. One cannot ignore the basic rules of BLP
>  any more than you can copyright, because they're requirements from the
>  WMF. And you can't ignore basic considerations about privacy, because
>  that's just as fundamental. But you can sometimes ignore a detail or
>  procedure connected with them if you are absolutely certain it will
>  help Wikipedia and not harm anything else.   How we interpret the

Ken is saying the opposite: you need to sometimes ignore rules even if
the benefit of your doing so goes to a person outside Wikipedia. Ie,
currently the rule says you can ignore a Wikipedia rule to improve
Wikipedia. He's saying it should allow you to ignore a Wikipedia rule
to help someone else (or more commonly, avoid harming them).

Steve