[WikiEN-l] BBC blog on WSJ study

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 18:07:41 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Charles Matthews
<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

>> If anything, Wikipedia's habit of referencing historic news articles
>> would help Mr. Murdoch's bottom line because it sends traffic to old
>> articles...

I wonder how true this is.

Perhaps I'll be laughed out of court... but my tendency when I read
Wikipedia is that I see a sentence in an article, note that it is
referenced, click the number to see what the reference is but *hardly*
*ever* click the reference link either to confirm that the reference
is accurate nor to find out more.