[WikiEN-l] New site for meta-discussion

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Nov 20 17:53:30 UTC 2009

Bod Notbod wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Jake Wartenberg wrote
>> I can.  I want to promote a relaxed atmosphere without allowing outing or
>> trolling.  It should be a place where editors can chatter idly and
>> brainstorm new ideas.  I hope that gives you an idea of what I am going for
>> here.
>>
> If there's a problem with "outing" (I don't even know what that means)
> and "trolling" they should be dealt with within the community.

"Outing" is the public release of private information about an
individual without his consent, particularly the public release of the
real identity of someone who has chosen to be known only by a
pseudonym.  I would consider it a far more serious offence than trolling
which is merely fishing for arguments.

Ec